Saturday, June 23, 2007

We are happily installed in the workshop at Camden, surrounded by Statlers and sewing machines and quilts piled head high on the tables. I am digitising patterns, and Mereth has finished piecing 56 blocks for a quilt for our hostess Kaye. I have to admit that I am impressed by Mereth's piecing speed; everytime I look over there are another 4 or 5 blocks finished. She's like Lightning! And sooo organised. All I have to do is keep the coffee coming.....

It's freezing cold, which I haven't got sick of yet, and raining quite steadily. The last time I was here the country was burnt brown, and now it's much greener and flourishing and the smaller dams are full. Everyone is very thankful, but we still need lots more rain.

Kaye subscribes to several reproduction fabric clubs, and we are filled with envy over her stash. It's the stuff of dreams, what we all aspire to. And she actually makes quilts and finishes them, along with all the quilting she does for other people. I want to be like her when I grow up! The place is buzzing with activity as the preparations for the Sydney show get underway, and there are several quilts a day rolling off the two Statlers.

The only place where we can get mobile phone coverage here is up the hill in the tiny colonial era cemetary. We walk briskly up there each afternoon to check in with the outside world, and spend a few minutes reading the headstones and admiring the carved flowers and inscriptions. It's very meditative.

DD brought back the Harry Potter books, so I will be reading them in preparation for the release of the 7th and final instalment. Like Tonya's DH I read those books continuously, almost compulsively.... Whenever I go to the gym, Harry goes with me. I credit my new fitness entirely to him and his adventures, because I won't allow myself to read unless I'm at the gym or home on the treadmill. And I just love to read, so I gotta exercise. DD also prepaid for my copy of the new Harry Potter, as a birthday present, which was sweet of her. Especially as I prepaid her copy as HER birthday present. Bit silly, but it's the thought that counts.

3 comments:

Chookyblue...... 10:37 PM  

did Mereth tell you I might call into the stand you will be on at the show....boy you sound like you are having fun with your friends....real production line.....

Tonya Ricucci 2:34 AM  

Just for a change you might want to try the Harry Potter audiobooks. I haven't listened to them myself, but Quilting with Ragdolls Judy raves about them.

meggie 12:28 PM  

Lucky you! A sister & sewing! What more could a girl ask for.
I love visiting cemetaries, & reading the headstones! It seems a shame that cremations dont allow for that sort of detail.
I love the old cemetary at Windsor, NSW. So historical.
And Rookwood in Sydney is an ideal day out, lol. All those Mausaleums in the Catholic section are so fascinating.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP