Friday, August 01, 2008

This is the BOM quilt that we are putting together for a customer. It's an Annie Downs pattern, and we're enjoying the lovely fabrics and cute stitcheries. The owner has done a lovely job of the embroidery, and it's up to us to complete her good work. It's like a jigsaw puzzle, sorting out which bit goes where, but there have only been minor hiccups so far. I have some final applique to do, and then we can have the top in one piece ready for quilting.

I put the binding on my three quilts today, so I'm caught up again. I should calculate how much material I've used in backings, bindings and the three flannel quilts, it would make me feel better about the Hancock's blowout.
I usually put my bindings on entirely by machine , but I hand-stitched the flannel quilts. It felt really good to be sewing on that luxuriously soft material, and it was a lovely way to spend the evening. I sat on the floor in front of the TV at Mereth's, and Jessie immediately snuggled up with me. Macca crawled underneath, and gave it his seal of approval by falling asleep. These dogs know how to make themselves comfortable.

6 comments:

Kate 11:59 PM  

I really like the quilting you did on the sashing of the red quilt. The things you are coming up with for the long arm are great! Thanks for sharing all your work-- I wish I could send a quilt from the US for you to do.

Chookyblue...... 6:31 AM  

working on beautiful quilts again.......don't worry about the fabric blow out I am sure you go thru plenty.........

meggie 10:53 AM  

Wonderful & cosy, those dogs must have been. My Honey always test drives the new quilts as I always hand sew the bindings.

Roseanne 1:59 PM  

Hi keryn:You have won award ,check my blog for detials

julieQ 12:08 PM  

Your quilts are all so pretty! and doggie approved! I can't wait to see the quilting on your customer quilt.

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) 10:21 AM  

This is an adorable quilt. So much talent - patchwork, applique, stitchery, all combined with great family sentiment into a quilt.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP