Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Mereth and I have had a very busy fortnight, and I've only just caught up with all my work. And of course blogging was pushed to the very bottom of the list; I wish I could rattle off a blog post every day, but I never seem to get round to it. Sigh...

Last week Mereth and I hosted a fun day at our hall, with 17 ladies from the Burra quilting group attending. No photos, because it never occurred to us till it was too late. Our hall seemed rather small that day, but we managed to fit in. We had coffee and chocolate biscuits and Mereth and I showed a selection of our scrap quilts and the bushfire quilts. My goodness we all made some noise, but we enjoyed ourselves too.

On the weekend we travelled down to Clare, an hour away, so I could teach a QAYG worksop to 11 ladies. We covered 7 techniques for blocks, and three border methods, and it was a lot to fit into one day but they did wonderfully well. They have a lovely workshop space in the Bowling club, and we had a great time with them. The people are the best thing about teaching, I always enjoy meeting such lovely ladies.

We spent Sunday working on the friendship quilt for one of our Patchwork Group members, who has been struggling with health issues for a while. She should have received it by now, and I hope it makes her feel better. There are messages to read, and some beautiful workmanship to admire, and it will remind her that we are thinking of her.
Of course Meredith's doesn't count, as she only drew it with a Zig pen. She should really have stitched over it, shouldn't she? It's not fair that she got all the drawing talent. And I am NOT pouting. I've so got over that. I hand quilted around the edge, so it has some stitching after all.

5 comments:

sewprimitive karen 7:18 PM  

You've been busy. We're always glad when you can post, love your blog. Mereth's horse is so beautiful.

pdudgeon 9:09 PM  

lovely quilt and some grat blocks in there. I'm so glad that you are enjoying your new space. i'll bet the two of you have lots of great plans for it. keep warm! wish i could send you some of our heat in trade for some of your cool weather, but it will be here soon enough.

dianne 10:57 PM  

beautiful friendship quilt - she can wrap herself in love with it

julieQ 7:30 AM  

Looks like a good time was had by all. Very beautiful drawing, enhanced with your quilting!

Meggie 9:24 PM  

A lovely horse. So, all is forgiven.
Who knows how the talent fairy will distribute her gifts??

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP