Saturday, March 13, 2010

The Chain quilt is all ready for the customer to collect, I get to admire it on my spare bed till then. 


I really like the back of it, where the patterns form a wholecloth quilt effect.  It's such a pleasure when the quilting works out so well; I usually take a lot of time choosing what to quilt, and it's always good when it turns out exactly as I planned.

I have two more tops that I have to quilt this weekend, and I'm procrastinating.  I would rather be in my sewing room playing with the pile of strips I cut for the Spiderweb blocks.

 I'm really loving the colours, no pale fabrics, only rich, warm and luscious stuff need apply.  I let myself sew up one strip set this morning, but that's all till one of the duty quilts is quilted. 

I love this block, the options are endless, and they are always surprising.  I'm considering doing one with all the dark points in the centre, so that the colours form concentric octagons, instead of alternating the wedges to form a kaleidoscope pattern.  I could just play with this for days, if I had the time.  And I seriously need to do one in blues and greys and blacks, but that will have to wait for a while.

This piece of William Morris fabric came home with me from Jamestown a while ago. 

I love it so much, I can't bear to put it in the stash drawers.  So it sits on my cutting table, where I keep seeing it and dreaming of starting a quilt in lovely soft blues and reds and browny-greens.... It certainly can't hurt to plan ahead.

6 comments:

Jan Mac 6:30 PM  

I love the quilting design and the new blocks. You always have something interesting to show for your time.
Hugs Jan Mac

pdudgeon 12:55 AM  

your customer is going to be soooo happy with this quilt!

love how the spider web blocks are comming out.

sewprimitive karen 8:15 PM  

That is all so beautiful I can hardly bear it. A small wall quilt from the darling Morris fabric would be so cute. Your quilting on the customer quilt is just extraordinary.

Brenda 10:08 PM  

The customer quilt is amazing!

Laura 12:06 PM  

That quilt is stunning!

Gypsy Quilter 4:07 AM  

I've always loved this one. Would you mind sending me the sizes of the strips you cut for it? Is it 3 - 1-1/2" and 2 - 2-1/2" strips?

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP