Thursday, April 15, 2010

Our patchwork group held an exhibition of our quilts last weekend, and it was a bit hectic there for a while.  Luckily there are plenty of volunteers to share the work, but it still sort of took over the whole weekend.  We hung the show on Thursday, in the Institute building, and had three days of visitors.  I think the most frequent comment was "I wouldn't have the patience to do something like that."  Not all quilters are patient people, believe me!  I think we finish so many things because we're impatient to get  onto the next project.


 Everyone gets a kick out of seeing their quilts displayed like the works of art they are, and we have fun bringing in our treasures to set the scene.



 Lots of these quilts were made as gifts, which just goes to show what a wonderful bunch quilters are.
I was surprised that there weren't more bright quilts,  there were probably only 2 or 3.  I think maybe the quilts were made in quieter, decorator colours to match the rooms they were meant for.

There were lots of lovely applique quilts, they always look lovely.

 And at the end of the weekend, we all felt a bit like this....

3 comments:

sewprimitive karen 1:41 AM  

What a lovely show. You had a good "bar" to hang the wall quilts on, looks like.

Karen 11:59 AM  

What a nice display of quilts. I especially like some of the quilts in the first photo. Hope you had lots of visitors.

Sue SA 9:12 PM  

I dont understand that comment about "having insufficient patience to take up patchwork", but I also have heard it often from non patchworkers - the unconverted! My mum was a kinder teacher and now in retirement is also a patchworker. I think it takes way more patience to deal with three year olds then it does to play with beautiful fabric!
It looks like you had a great show, thank you for the eye candy.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP