My sewing room is still covered in 1.5" strips, sewn together in various combinations and waiting to be assembled into blocks. I'm tired of them now, but I want to deal with them once and for all. No way I want to open a drawer three months from now and see this lot waiting for me. So I'm plodding away, and hopefully tomorrow will see the last of them.
As a bit of fun I cut up some charm packs of Park Avenue that I collected when Hancocks sold them for $3 each.
I also have a jellyroll of these, so quite enough fabric to play with.
I'm pretty sure I won't be able to make these blocks just from the Park Avenue range. There are so many other fabrics in my stash that would look good in these blocks, and I'll have fun combining them all.
In my fossicking I found this set of blocks, destined to be a donation top from two years ago.
I counted them up, and there's already 65 made; instead of putting them together myself I'm going to send them off to some ladies making quilts for people affected by the Victorian floods. There are a few other sets of blocks and pieces that I'll be glad to donate; the volunteers will welcome them, and I'll be clearing out my sewing room and creating more space. And ultimately somebody who deserves it will receive a quilt.