Sunday, May 06, 2012

I've been working very hard lately, and decided that today is a day off. I'm going to potter in my sewing room and do whatever I fancy.  I'll put something on the TV this afternoon, and stay in my sewing room doing whatever I want. I've earnt a little time to play.

I don't think I showed a picture of the inspiration for my current quilt; I know I photographed it from one of my books, but I can't remember which one, so I'll have to track that down. 


Those multiple borders intruiged me, and I think I will add them to my quilt.  It will take a lot of work, but it will be amazing when finished.  I'm leaning towards a dull brown sashing instead of the grey I originally had in mind, but I don't have to make a decision any time soon.  There are still 20 blocks to make, and then those setting triangles around the edge.  I'll be working on this for a while yet.


I spent my spare moments this week quilting customer quilts, when I wasn't working on the computer; I desperately want to quilt something of my own, so that's what I'll be doing next week.

This cream Disappearing Ninepatch was made for the customer's elderly mother; it's so subtle and sophisticated, it was fun to quilt, and watch the pattern coming to life on the pale fabrics.

It's a panto of mine called Avon Rose, I'm so happy with how it stitched out. Terribly hard to photograph, but lovely in real life.







2 comments:

sewprimitive karen 5:43 PM  

Ah, a day off to sew, what could be better? Your inspiration quilt is amazing.

Jan 4:04 AM  

I need a sewing day, too! This quilt has long been a favorite of mine. The quiltmaker is Maggie Potter from the US. All of her work that I have seen is muted, low contrast and beautiful. Haven't seen any recent work of hers; this one pictured goes back a couple of decades. Lovcly inspiration!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP