Monday, October 14, 2013

I'm gradually getting better, which I'm grateful for; it will be so nice when I'm back to my normal energy levels and can go for a walk without losing my breath.  Being sick is not any fun at all.

It was a rainy day yesterday, so I wasn't needed in the garden.  I tackled two projects that have been annoying me for the last two weeks.  First up was the Log Cabin, so close to completion and only needing borders. 

 I had them cut and sewn before lunch time, and I'm really pleased with how it turned out.  It was such a fun quilt to make, and the blocks were all exactly the right size.  It was like magic, I was so pleased with their accuracy. 
 I just love this big blue floral, it's the perfect border for this quilt.

After that I pulled out all the leftover plaid bits and made a backing for the plaid quilt.  This wasn't half as much fun, but it needed to be done so I can pack away the  fabric for good.  I'm sick of finding boxes of scraps everywhere, so it's all going into one container, and then into deep storage.
It's satisfying using up the little bits that would otherwise go in the bin, but I kept thinking about the time it was taking, and how I could be using that time on a new project.  I ended up using some large lengths just so I could get it done quicker, but that's all good too.  All those seams top and bottom can lead to a thick bumpy quilt,  so I've just made it a bit easier to quilt by not piecing the back heavily.

Mereth's roses are magnificent this year, and in my garden the pelargoniums are the star attraction.   I have some really beautiful ones now, and although they only flower once a year they are worth waiting for.
Every year I add one or two to the collection, but I think I've got all of them now; haven't seen a new one this season.  I'm sure there are plant breeders out there working furiously on something to tempt me next year.

1 comments:

Gypsy Quilter 11:34 PM  

Love the new finished quilt top! Marvelous job. You always inspire me to keep stitchin'. Thank you.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP