Friday, October 25, 2013

Ta Da!!!

 The centre is finished. 
What a huge endevour.
 
All the blocks are joined together, and now I have to start thinking about the next step; borders.  I want to use triangles of different prints in medium tones, and cream triangles with maybe some tiny applique motifs.  I don't intend to rush into it though, so I will just play with ideas for a while yet.  It does feel good to have got this far,  I never doubted that I would, but I didn't know it would take this long.

I can't decide which is my favourite block; maybe this one,

but I love this too.  I'd like to make a fullsize quilt with this block, it was a lot of fun to piece in this tiny size, so it will be just as enjoyable as a larger block.

Now I can clear up all the bits and pieces, organise the leftover paper and patterns, and find new uses for the plastic boxes that contained this project.
Looks like the project box won't be empty for long....
 It's Friday afternoon, the start of the weekend, and I want to start cutting lots of pieces for these Wild Goose Chase blocks, and kitting them up for a prolonged sewing session.  I feel like I've been away from the sewing machine for months, and I've got some catching up to do.

It's hard to beilieve these puppies were only three days old when I took these photos.  They are growing at an incredible rate.

This is Dozer, the first puppy,  who took three hours to arrive. 
What a head on him!  Small wonder Pips had trouble pushing that out.
No cute photos of the pup nested in a single hand; he fills two hands, and he's the heaviest of the litter by far. 

Awww! This little girl is called Sari, and she's such a sweetie. 
We spend hours just cuddling them and watching their every move.





5 comments:

Tanya 9:16 PM  

Congrats on your dear jane, no mean feat. The puppies are gorgeous but then all puppies are lol.

Jan 6:39 AM  

Quite the accomplishment, with, or without, borders. And, thanks for the sweet pup pics. Happiness is a warm puppy :)

Karen 3:40 AM  

What an accomplishment!

Sandy 2:28 AM  

Ditto my congratulations, on all of the above. I love the DJ as it looks right now. Will you make the traditional border for this? Give those puppies a little pet for me.

Jeanne 3:57 AM  

Congratulations on finishing the center blocks for your Dear Jane! It looks gorgeous@ I have my top finished so I know what a big accomplishment that is!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP