I didn't mean to have a quiltathon this weekend, it just turned into one. I was organising and sorting and cleaning up, and then, suddenly, there was a new quilt on the design wall. I remember thinking that
I would '..just use up these triangles' and before I knew it there was chaos and uncontrollable sewing.
In my clearing away I uncovered a pile of 6.5" squares, and they were what made me choose to make the little churndash blocks. I've been moving those squares from container to box to shelf for more than 5 years, and it was time to deal with them.
It took nearly all day today to cut the extra setting squares and assemble the blocks into one piece, but I'm really happy with how it looks, just the border to go now. And look at all the empty containers!
I admit I didn't use up every piece, I just gave what remained to Mereth; she was happy with her little treasures and I was glad to see the empty boxes. Maybe I should have given them to her at the start of the weekend, it would have meant a lot less work for me.