Saturday, April 26, 2014

So far, so good; my stars have borders and I'm well on the way to finishing my second top.  I was a bit silly and stayed up till 3am, but it was fun at the time.  This morning I felt a bit weary, even though I got up later.  I might even have to have a nap in a little while, but it was worth it.

I'm so pleased to have finished the stars;

I was saying to Mereth how I pieced them while travelling around Australia teaching, and they even came to America with me; she suggested I call it Travelling Stars, so that's it's new name.  It looks finished now, whereas it didn't before, and it's such a relief to have it all sorted;  this one made me feel guilty whevever I saw it in the UFO drawer. 
We went to the brother's place for tea last night, so I had no applique time; when I came home at 10.30 I started sewing the Log Cabin blocks into sets of four, and got 10 completed before I crawled off to bed.  This morning I'm working on the other 10 needed, and also starting to sash them with light strips and cheddar corner posts.  I'm pretty chuffed with how it looks, I love all those narrow strips of so many different fabrics.  I've really enjoyed working on this quilt.
The Big Dipper blocks will be next on the design wall, some time later today, and I'll make a start on setting them together.  I'm not going to be disappointed if I don't finish them this weekend, at least I'll have begun the process of getting them in one piece. I just need to find time tonight to do that little bit of applique, and I'll be right on target.  I think a DVD will help me focus on the handwork, maybe Call The Midwife.  They did a great job of bringing that book to the screen, it's a pleasure to watch.

4 comments:

Mad about Craft 6:51 PM  

Traveling stars is a beautiful quilt.

I also love call the midwife

darlynn 9:16 PM  

wonderful quilt! love how you used the striped inner border. from a distance it looks like it was pieced. great job

Chookyblue...... 7:18 AM  

travelling stars looks great....love the simple borders.......frames it lovely.........also really like the log cabin blocks......

Lucy 2:58 PM  

Your star quilt is a thrill! Congratulations on your finish.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP