Finally! A cool rainy day has arrived, and I'm excused outside chores. Mereth and I have been constructing a paved entrance to our workshop, and I've been shovelling and crawling around on hands and knees for a couple of days. The actual paving took about 30 minutes, it was the preparation that took so much time and effort. We're using all the second-hand pavers we can find, so that will save a trip into town to get more; it might not be pretty, but it's better than the weeds and dirt that was there before.
Of course Dolly helped with the paving; every time I turned around she was lying on her back on the newly levelled crusher-dust, or chasing her tail and spreading stuff everywhere, or trying to crawl under my arms as I lowered pavers into place. Very helpful indeed.
There's a lot more to do, but it will wait until the rain moves on.
I went a bit stir-crazy yesterday. I've been working on the vintage hexagons; I've been making more Flying Geese units and bagging them up into kits for the Wild Goose Chase blocks. I've been tidying and sorting. And NONE of it was going to lead to anything being crossed off my UFO list in the next month or so. It drove me nuts.
I rummaged through my scraps and pulled out every dark blue and cream piece and sliced them into 2" strips, then joined them in pairs. It didn't take long at all, and then I cut them into sashing pieces, and the parts for four-patches, and laid it all out on the design wall. I'm glad it looked good, because I really didn't have a Plan B.