Yet another work project seemed to take over my life for the last three weeks, and there was not a lot to blog about, and not enough time to spare anyway. It seems to happen like that a lot, so the thing to do now is make sure I get plenty of sewing and garden time in before the next big work-related chore.
As far as my own sewing goes, I'm working on two projects right now; my Wild Goose Chase in pinks and browns, and the King's Crown blocks that are a longtime UFO from 2010 . I'm using the uncomplicated King's Crown blocks as leader-enders while I work on the blocks I kitted up for the WGC. Neither of them is a speedy project, but I'm making headway at last, after a lot of dithering about colours and settings.
I really don't like making a set of blocks without knowing how I'm going to put them together. The times I've done that, I ended up wishing I'd not used some fabrics on the outer edges of the blocks, because it complicated choosing sashing or alternate block fabric. I really like to have at least a mud-map of what's going to happen next. So I wasn't going full steam ahead on the WGC blocks because I hadn't decided on what to do with them next.
I also realied that there was something I didn't like about the blocks, but I couldn't put my finger on it. Finally it occurrred to me that I didn't like the pink triangles being so much lighter than the browns I was using.
Now I have to make a decision; make a whole other set of blocks using lighter browns with these pinks, or add in some lighter browns with the locks arlready finished,
I have 15 blocks already finished, and lots more of the dark flying geese units made.
If I truly don't like the ones I"ve made, I'll set them aside and start on ones with the colour values I want. I'm determined not to let this project stall, so I will keep making units and trying different things. I was going to say , it's not the way I usually work, but it is, really. It's just not the way I LIKE to work.