All the time I was making my Jarred Take A Wife blocks I had a nagging feeling that I was missing some purple fabric. I had more than this, I kept thinking, but I couldn't find it so I resorted to raiding Mereth's stash, and buying several FQs.
When all the blocks were done I was worrying about what I could use for borders with such meagre pickings from the stash. I resigned myself to a shopping expedition, when I happened to notice a box on top of the highest stash drawers.
This is what I found; all the purples that I put aside for the project, including enough for a border. Really, I need my head examined. Why would I put fabric I knew I needed in a plastic container above eye level. Out of sight, out of mind. And none of these made it into the blocks, which is annoying because there are some nice prints in there.
It's cool and raining today, so lovely after the 40° scorching heat of yesterday. I stayed in the air-conditioned shed for most of the day, but had to spend the evening in the hall because there was work to do. It was still 35° at 9.30pm, perfectly horrid. Poor Dolly was so hot; I draped her in a wet teatowel, kept the fan on her and sprayed her with cold water to keep her damp. It worked, but she didn't like it one bit.