My final figures for fabric usage in 2014 were:
Fabric bought; 138.1m
Fabric used; 170.15m
Total for the year; 32.05m
It's a good result, my stash shrank by 32 metres but I know I could have done better. I had a lot of fun buying that 138 metres of fabric, and it certainly livened up the quilts I completed last year. I don't want to limit my buying this year, but I want to use a lot more fabric.
I'm going to have a backing and binding blitz for the tops I've already completed. A lot of them do have backings stored with them, but many don't, so I want to go through the stash and see if I can get them all paired up with backings. I like pieced backings, so it will be good to make some out of the smaller pieces in the stash.
I want to put aside bindings as well, I really love having the binding made and hanging in a bag with the top, it's one less job to tackle after the quilting. And even if I change my mind, bindings never go to waste, I would just use it on another quilt. It's only .5m for most quilts, so I can go through my regular stash and choose any half-metre that I'm not in love with, or has been hanging around too long.
I've been thinking about what I want my stash to look like at the end of the year; I want lots more batiks, and more modern fabrics.
I think I'm going to have fun shopping this year, with an eye on expanding the variety in the stash drawers. Maybe I should make this the year of Batiks!