Sunday, May 31, 2015

I haven't really been inclined to do any sewing lately, I've been much more interested in spinning and knitting.This is the fourth year that I've been spinning, and it's beginning to become second nature.  I've produced a lot of wool that's scratchy and over spun and lumpy, and finally I've got all that newby stuff out of the way and the yarn I'm making is useable.  There's still so many areas I can improve, and I have to perfect the techniques, but I'm happy with what I've done so far this year. 

I bought this beautiful multi-coloured fleece, and I'll have fun turning it into knitting yarn. 

This gorgeous Merino fleece is the finest I've ever worked with, it's like a cobweb.  It's a challenge, and I need to get better at spinning Merino before I tackle a large project with it, I don't want to waste it.
I'm using the lighter grey areas to make a little lace-weight scarf, and it's so soft it's like a dream.  By the time I finish this little project I should have improved my spinning technique and then I'll be confident enough to make enough yarn for a shawl.  I'll be able to grade the colours from light to dark, all from this one fleece; the sheep is called Fruitcake, and I hope I can get another of his fleeces next year.

I think I'm a bit jaded with the quilting projects that need finishing, and there's only one thing to do in that situation; finish them all, and start something inspiring.  So this morning I set to and attached the borders to the Cracker quilt, and I'm calling it Done.
 It may get a little blue border later on, or not; at this stage I'm happy with how it looks and it's in the To-Be-Quilted pile.  Next up are the cheddar and blue four-patches, and I actually feel a bit excited to be working on them, so that's a good sign. 

1 comments:

Karen in Breezy Point 1:08 AM  

I don't think you need to do another thing to your cracker quilt--it looks great!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP