Friday, December 11, 2015

I'm here at the farm, and enjoying it mightily.  It's so peaceful and beautiful, it's very relaxing to drive home here at the end of another busy day. 

Tawny is a Kelpie cross, about 6 years old, and she's missing her family;
she's getting lots of attention from me, but it's just not the same.  Plus I have a printed schedule of pills that she has to have; two different types, at differing times for the next two weeks.  Good thing I don't mind administering pills, I learned how to do that at ag college 30 years ago.  I'm glad Tawny is sweet-natured, allowing a total stranger to put pills down her throat, but she does flinch a bit whenever I come near her.  All is well as soon as she realises there isn't a tablet involved.

Of course there is the problem that so much of what I want or need is back at the hall, and when I'm in there I'm cursing because the computer or Ipad or whatever is out the farm; I just need to be organised and it will take a few days for me to work out a system.  I'll get there.
I made sure to bring out a bottle of red and a wine glass, to toast the beautiful view and the start of my little adventure.
Crackers from Ikea, and Stilton from Costco made an acceptable dinner. 
Both were bought on shopping expeditions with my DD, so there were happy memories to keep me company as well.  Nice...

1 comments:

Karen in Breezy Point 2:19 AM  

Cheese, crackers, red wine and a sweet dog--looks like life is good!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP