Tuesday, December 08, 2015

These days are just racing by, and blogging is last on the list of things to do.  Everything else has deadlines, or obligations, or I just want to help family and friends, so the blog has to wait till I find more time.  I have a couple more days of computer work, then I'm taking a break till mid January; the postie rush has only 2 and a bit weeks to go, and then we should have a quiet time after that. 
To distract myself from all the work and running around I might have bought a few things..... I will blog about all these in more detail over the next few days.

 That would be an electric Go Cutter.
And a Quick Curve ruler from Sew Kind Of Wonderful. Thank heavens they have pdf downloads, so I don't have to wait for the patterns.
A treadle with Tiffany decals has been on my Want List for many years, and I finally found an affordable one.  It's not perfect, but still very beautiful.

My sewing room has been sadly neglected for weeks, but it's starting to inspire me again.  I've been rummaging through Mereth's stash and found some fabrics that will help me finish all my blue and red projects, so I'm keen to get back to that.
There are 4 things that need borders, it will take a while to deal with them all.
 And I may have snapped and started a tumbler quilt as a leader-ender.  I'm unrepentant.

Tomorrow I start 7 weeks of baby-sitting a friend's farm, just across the creek from Helen.  It's a few kilometres out of town, so I'll have to commute to work.  I will have a farm dog to look after, but it will be best if Dolly stays with Mereth.  When Mereth needs a holiday from our two dogs she can come out to the farm and I'll go in and stay at her place.  It's probably another layer of madness at this busy time, but I'm looking forward to it.  Life would be dull if we didn't branch out every now and then.

4 comments:

Gypsy Quilter 12:19 PM  

What treasures to put under your tree! Good for you. We're looking forward to seeing what you come up with after your farm adventures. Happy Holidays.

Sue SA 1:15 PM  

Enjoy your curved ruler, next time I use mine I am going to try using my smaller blade rotary cutter, to try and improve cutting accuracy. Look forward to hearing how the electric Go cutter works for you. Good luck with the farm sitting and the Christmas post.

Kate 5:46 PM  

Life needs to be busy - why not add more layers? There will come a time when we wish we could! You continue to inspire.

Karen 10:03 AM  

The decals on some of the older machines are so eye-catching. It is what attracts me to an older machine.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP