Saturday, February 13, 2016

I spent a ridiculous amount of time today trying to choose borders for my Scrappy Mountain Majesties quilt.  I pulled dozens of fabrics out of the cupboards and drawers, but nothing seemed perfect.  I even cut and pieced the strips from one fabric, but then I just couldn't bring myself to sew them on.  Mereth's stash was raided, and she gave her opinions, but I still couldn't make a decision.  Finally I chose one, and the strips were cut and attached in half an hour.  It's so annoying that it took me all day to sew on four borders!

 The light fabrics didn't photograph very well, they are more colourful than this photo.  The fluoro light makes it hard to capture the colours accurately; it's a daylight fluoro tube, which seems to confuse the camera. I will see if I can get a better photo down in the workroom tomorrow.

The bright Sister's Choice is finished as well, but I'm too shattered tonight to get it ironed and up on the design wall for a photo.  I'll do that tomorrow.
I have no idea what to sew next, I might just sew some strings together on the Tiffany treadle for some mindless sewing.

7 comments:

QuiltinLibraryLady 3:16 AM  

Mindless sewing wonderful.
Love your Mountain Majesties. Need to make one someday, it would use lots of scraps.

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) 7:25 AM  

Sometimes it does take some time to make a decision, but then you can be satisfied that you have chosen the best border for the quilt. It is beautiful.

jude's page 7:30 AM  

LOve your quilt, it looks great.

Sue SA 8:15 AM  

Love the peek of purple it suits the border well and brings out the purple mountains.

Leeanne 11:29 AM  

I think we all do crazy things like that from time to time, the main thing is you are happy with it now. Happy quilting.

Tanya 9:40 PM  

This is on my to do list. Beautiful quilt.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP