Thursday, January 26, 2017

I sewed my Economy blocks into strips a couple of days ago, and then stalled.  I really don't like putting sashing together without corner posts, and I let that put me off.  I read somewhere that some quilters actually use corner posts of the same fabric, so that the seams are easy to align, but it's all the same fabric; yes that works, but I couldn't bring myself to do that either.

It only took an hour this morning to cut all the sashing strips I needed, and mark the seam intersections on them so I can line up all the rows of blocks nicely
 I let the smallest things derail my sewing sometimes! Now I can spend the afternoon getting the blocks all joined together ready for that Flying Geese border.

I bought this book for Mereth for Christmas, and promptly borrowed it back.
There are some lovely quilts in there, and cheddar features in quite a few of them. This basket is really appealing to me right now, and I have the perfect match for the setting fabric, there on the left.  It's a solid, and I"m not used to working with solids, but I should give it a go anyway.
 I could use a whole heap of other cheddars in the basket blocks, it would be so much fun.
I have two other fabrics that would work for the sashing if I'm not brave enough to use the solid.
And this Ohio Star would be perfect for my Quaker red fabrics too.  I'm just swamped in possibilities here,
So pretty!
 I'm not going to cut anything new out till I deal with the scraps on my table,  There are so many that I can't move without knocking over the stacks.  This afternoon I intend to deal with this pile of bits and pieces.  Time to restore order in the sewing room.




4 comments:

Kleine Vingers 6:09 PM  

The top looks lovely, good luck with the last sashings. The book I've added to my wish list. Greetings

QuiltinLibraryLady 9:56 AM  

I've told myself that I can't start any new projects until I get a least two of the current ones to block stage. It's hard!

QuiltinLibraryLady 9:57 AM  

Correction: TOP stage!

gayle 9:11 AM  

Beautiful possibilities! That book looks like it's too full of temptations... Hopefully your sister won't want it back too soon!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP