Thursday, January 04, 2018

January WIPs

I didn't finish anything in 2017, I can't remember the last time I didn't finish a thing all year.  My UFO count currently stands at 27.  Of those, 7 are actual Works in Progress; they are being worked on as Leader-Enders or main projects as the mood strikes me.

The Economy blocks, Blue Squares and Hunter's Star are awaiting borders; I'm working on blocks called
North Wind
Country Cousin
6" Ohio Star
Checkered Lattice.

Of course I could be making major progress if I just concentrated on one thing, but I don't want to feel obliged to finish anything.  I'm just sewing and enjoying it, and if I don't find pleasure in it then I move onto something else.  I can be quite beastly to myself, pushing myself to keep on and finish things when I'm tired and unhappy.  Part of me is a bully, lecturing and hassling and critical.  I really don't need that right now, so I'm just puddling around amongst my projects.

I don't normally work this way; I'm usually much more focused.  Mereth has dozens of collections of blocks, she can pull out a set of blocks and build them into a quilt at a moments notice but I make a set of blocks, I work on the borders, and then I have a finished top.  I have to admit this is fun, and the lack of pressure is the best bit.  

7 comments:

Gypsy Quilter 4:18 AM  

Puddling is good. We all need puddling time now and then.

Chantal 7:42 AM  

I love to go from one project to the next. That way if I feel like playing with blue, I work on that project, or if a yellow mood strikes I work on that project. No rush, no stress just what I want on that day. Your projects are beautiful. Wishing you a great year with lots of fabrics. ;^)

Karen 12:11 PM  

Yes, hard to believe you didn't finish a thing all year but you kept building towards the end.

Chookyblue...... 5:49 AM  

I felt like a hardly sewed on my machine in 2017.........I got lots of EPP prep and sewing done so I know I got stuff done............feels great to be back and focused on the machine......gooduck finishing a project in 2018..........all these are lovely..........

Karen in Breezy Point 2:58 AM  

All of your January projects are lovely--it would be hard for me to decide which one is top priority! I especially love your Ohio Stars--so pretty!

Bag End Gardener 11:19 PM  

Happy New Year to both you and Meredith, I do hope 2018 is a good one for you both, and for your families.

I am sure you will have far more finishes this year than last 😊

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP