Friday, February 09, 2018

Hunter's Star progress

Sometimes a little time away from the sewing room can be a good thing.  Before I went away I made a decision about the borders on the Hunter's Star, and I cut out all the pieces I would need.  By the time I'd finished all the cutting I was pretty sick of blue and white, and sick of trying to find the perfect fabrics, and sure it had been a colossal mistake to make the quilt in just two colours.

Now, after I've had some time and space between me and the design wall, I'm really happy with how my two colour quilt is working out. 
I chose to use the big triangles from the die as the border, knowing they would tie in to the actual piecing really well.  It was pretty easy to cut some strips and send them through the cutter till I had enough. I did choose to use one light print throughout the whole border, and the blues were scrappy.
I have a heap of leftover shapes from that, and I'm going to incorporate them into another design that is yet to be decided upon.  I like this pattern enough to make another one, but it will be scrappier and have a lot more colour to it.

So now all I have to do is get busy sewing.....

3 comments:

Carolyn 9:29 PM  

I like the border you chose. Time away usually gives a clearer perspective on things.

Gretchen Weaver 8:08 AM  

Beautiful quilt, love the border!

Gypsy Quilter 3:37 PM  

Gorgeous top. As usual, wonderful job on the border. So glad you're getting to sew again.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP