I'm up to 32 already, and I'm not sick of them yet. I'll have to do a mockup in EQ8 and get an idea of what it might look like. I couldn't find a name for them in the Barbara Brackman software, and Mereth suggested Courtyard, so that's what I'm calling them.
I'm busy spinning up a lovely dark fleece, but when I break to have a cup of coffee I've been going through this set of books.
They are a Time-Life set from quite a long time ago; I haunted Ebay until I found a complete set, and then paid an exorbitant amount to have them posted over here. There are 20 titles, covering everything from architecture to food, and I love going through them.Yesterday I chose the Quilts volume, and made a note of some that caught my eye.
This would obligingly use up a lot of my tiny strips, as well as a chunk of meterage for the sashing.
I know I've complained about my blue stash, and how I'm sick of the colour, but this would be perfect for my repro blues. I made a schoolhouse quilt when my son was in kindy, nearly 40 years ago. I made it as a prize in their raffle, and it was won by my son's best friend. Alas, there is no picture of that, only one of Jonny clutching it happily. I really doubt it has survived, but it's a nice memory.
When I've gone through all the American Country books I'll start on my collection of Country Living. I treasure these, especially the older ones which featured quilts on nearly every page. I was lucky enough to find 20 issues in an opshop, and grabbed them all. What a find!






Getting rid of some of my County Living magazines was one of the dumbest things I've ever done. However, I was moving, and space was an issue. So sad. I keep the ones I have though. So many good quilt ideas.
ReplyDeleteLove the new blocks on point. .
Sure hope you're feeling better. The heat this summer has been terrible and we're all tired of it here in Western North Carolina. And those poor folks out west with the flooding and wild fires! Glory be, what a summer.
Thank you for sharing.