Monday, March 27, 2006

I sewed most of today, and it was so relaxing. I finished another top from those scrap strips I did last year, I only have one more set of blocks to make, plus some more scrap strips to make up. I like the quilts, but I'm tired of working with the fabrics. I need to make something pretty and co-ordinated I think.

This top is huge, and I like the optical effects of all the triangles. I even have all the photos ready to put on the website, so I will have to be diligent and do that very soon.... It's like having a school project to finish up!

I'm looking for a car for my darling daughter; it should be more fun than it is, I'm sure. I get sick of traipsing from one car yard to the next and never finidng the right car. But I will perservere. Her requirements are simple; it must be purple and cute. I'm the one who thinks it should be reliable and low-mileage and good value.

They were throwing out the roses for half price when we went shopping on Saturday, so I treated myself to two bunches. They're looking lovely, I just wish I could have another rose garden, but it's not worth the work if we're going to move. I couldn't bear to leave it all behind. I'll have to be happy with my store-bought ones.

I seem to have run out of time tonight, and blogger is being annoyingly slow. Someone should write the quintessential novel of the century and call it Waiting For Blogger....

4 comments:

Samantha 4:19 AM  

I love that triangle quilt- the optical effects ARE really lovely!

Carolyn 7:39 AM  

I love the triangle quilt...what does a single block look like? I was trying to figure out how you put it together and I see several options...

tami 4:25 PM  

Very nice triangle quilt. It took my breath away when I opened your page. I love when a whole pattern gives an interesting optical effect.

Quiltgranny 3:16 AM  

I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE this quilt. The optical illusion is wonderful. Is it a particular pattern, or do you just place the lights and the darks in specific places to make it work?

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP