Sunday, August 26, 2012

I spent most of the day in the garden yesterday, after a customer dropped off some quilts.  It was a lovely sunny day, so it was a pleasure to be outside, digging, barrowing dirt and planting seedlings.  I have to ration my garden time, otherwise my back seizes up and I have to creep around for the rest of the week, groaning.  I can't even blame old age for that, the damage to my back occurred when I was 18; it's such a bore to have to be sensible.......

I wasn't sensible last night, and stayed up till 3am, putting the borders on the Triple Irish Chain. I had previously chosen the border fabrics and cut them out, and then I was walking past the bolts of fabric at ths Hall, and one of them demanded to be on this quilt.  So I had to abandon my other plans and substitute this striped fabric, which required mitering at the corners, and a lot of extra work, but I do love the way it looks now. 


I use the instructions for mitering borders on Jinny Beyer's site, which is a great place to check out anyway, full of lots of info.

My daughter Seonaid is up to lots of exciting things in Europe, but her latest escapade tops the list of crazy things.

Here she is (on the left) with her mate Tarley, all suited up and ready to go.  Bravo girls!!

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP