Saturday, April 12, 2014

Another hard week at work, and still more stuff to do on the weekend.  I'm so glad we will have time off over Easter, what a luxury that will be.  All the more important to make sure that I'm up-to-date on all my various jobs, so that I can lounge about like a lady of leisure.  Or sew like a crazy quilt lady, one or the other.

There has been no time to make much progress on anything quilt related; however, odd minutes here and there are better than nothing.  I've searched out a fabric that will work for the borders, then ironed it and cut the four strips I need.

 I chose a fabric for the vine; it's been in my stash for about 20 years, and those creases do not want to come out.
I will have to completely wash it I think, and have another go at ironing it.
I went through my UFOs and discovered a tin full of rosettes made from vintage fabric.
Hmm, these would be nice stitching on Friday night, when we watch DVDs with the brother and sister-in-law.
I needed more of the tiny blue diamonds, so I found the fabric without much trouble;
 I dyed this about 15 years ago, so that in itself was a trip down memory lane.  Then I located the templates, cut a few out and sewed them in place.  I enjoyed that bit of handwork; then I decided to give it a bit of a press, and that's when I realised that I hadn't pressed a single seam.  Not on the pieces I'd put together, (though you can see I've now made a start in the bottom right),

and not on any of the 38 rosettes in the tin.

Why do I never press my hexagon projects?  I always end up with a whole quilt top full of contrary seam allowances, it takes the gloss off finishing something if I have to spend 5 or 6 hours persuading hundreds of tiny seams to go where I want them.  So my new rule is, every time I turn the iron on I have to press a rosette.
It should only take me a month or so.....

1 comments:

Diane-crewe 5:08 PM  

now you just said you have time off over Easter!! cant imagine anything more boring .. stick to the plan and do a few at a time xx lol x

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP