Tuesday, April 10, 2018

I'm always cautious about how much of my private life I share on the blog, so I'll just say that the last two weeks have been a very sad time for our family.  Shonny's dad was diagnosed last year with lung cancer, just after a trip down to visit Isla.  A week after Shonny finished work we were flying up to Rockhampton to say goodbye to him.  He and I stayed good friends, and I was glad to go back, to help with Isla and feed all the family and friends that gathered. It's been devestatingly sad, and Isla was the only bright spot for all of us.  We came home on Saturday, and a day later he was gone.  I'm so glad that we have photos and videos of Isla with her grandad; I just wish she could have grown up with him in her life. He was an extraordinary man.

I'll be in my sewing room for a couple of days, finding comfort amongst all my projects. The sweet, calm monotony of sewing fabric together is a great healer.


10 comments:

Jan Mac 3:31 PM  

So sorry to hear this but it must have been of some comfort to be able to say your goodbyes.

jude's page 9:01 PM  

Glad you got to visit, we don't always get that, and I pray you and your family find the peace and comfort you need. Sewing sounds great.

Sue SA 6:20 AM  

Sorry to hear your sad news. Glad you can find comfort in your sewing, I hope your daughter finds comfort in the joy of a new baby.

Mary Johnson 8:56 AM  

I’m so sorry for your loss. We had a similar loss last year when my sons father died. I didn’t maintain contact with him but made sure the boys did and it was a such a difficult time for them. It so nice that you were able to be there to support and help.

Carolyn 3:39 AM  

I'm sorry for your loss. My brother had a heart attack and died suddenly last summer. I would wander into my sewing room, look around and leave. It was such a shock it took a month before I turned on my machine. Normally i find solice in sewing. We have had an unusually tough year with also loosingmy mother in law and the family also lost 2 cherished pets.

O'Quilts 10:58 AM  

I think that sharing your life with other bloggers is wonderful. It brings us all closer together across the miles. I put it all out there and have made many friends. I am thinking of you...grief is a terrible thing...TBTG for sewing.xo

Sandy 9:04 AM  

I'm so sorry for your loss.

Chookyblue...... 9:36 PM  

Cancer takes to many lives.........hugs to all......

Karen 1:20 PM  

I agree that we need to be somewhat cautious about what we share on our blogs about our lives. Sad that there are people out there looking to take advantage of a situation.

Bag End Gardener 5:38 PM  

Sorry I am so late to this but just wanted to add my commiserations. Having now read your most recent posts I hope the new baby comes soon, that will bring so much joy to the family.

Enjoyed reading about your visit to Kaye - I remember meeting her at my first MQS, must have been late 90's . . . heavens, that is nearly 20 years ago!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP