Tuesday, May 14, 2019

There has been so much sickness in out family this year;Flu, colds and that ghastly virus Herpangina, which is responsible for Hand, Foot and Mouth.  Lily and Mia had it, and Lily was hospitalised for 4 days she was so bad.  Nephew John had it and was hospitalised.   Just as the Pirie family was getting over that they all went down with colds, then gastro which unfortunately I caught too.  Last week Thomas and Isla had Hand, Foot and Mouth, Isla for the third time (!) and now she has a UTI and suspected pneumonia. I'm not going down to visit this week, if I took the gastro bug down there I would never forgive myself.  So nothing much has been happening here, except nursing sick kids and trying to survive all these plagues.

Before I got sick I was organising fabric to cut more big triangles for this quilt, Country Cousins.  I have strips ready to run through the Accuquilt, which I should be able to manage tonight.

It's all looking too brown at the moment so I want to put a few greens and reds in there as well.  And I need more light triangles so I have to pull some of those out of the stash drawers.

I also sewed a few seams on my Carpenter's Wheel  block, and I nearly have the second one completed.  I've been playing around in EQ7 with setting options, and I think I've decided on that corner colour....

I'll have to take it easy for a while, but it's so good to even think about working on a project again.  Being sick certainly makes ordinary life seem wonderful by comparison.

4 comments:

Sue SA 5:32 AM  

I hope that you and the family all recover very soon. Your hand pieced block is very sweet.

jude's page 1:48 PM  

Wishing you a speedy recovery, it's not funny when sickness strikes and you need to be sewing.

Karen in Breezy Point 6:41 AM  

Oh my goodness--I've never heard of Herpangina, but it sounds awful! I hope everyone will be feeling better soon. I love your Country Cousins so far!

Holly 12:55 PM  

Beautiful color combo on the Carpenters wheel. I've got that one on my list to make. I have some French General toile & creams that might work. I'll be praying for all the kiddos.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP