Friday, February 29, 2008

In my usual distractable, obsessional way I have done nothing but sew the 4-patches together, in any spare moments I had. And the grand total is 485! All from two little drawers of strips. If any of us with decent size stashes have illusions of being able to use it all up we should abandon them now. There is no hope of turning all that material into quilts; especially if we keep adding more fabric on a regular basis. And yes I may have bought more fabric, but it was only stuff I didn't already own. Surely that's OK.......

Mereth and I intend to join Judy's Quiltathon over the weekend, so I was trying to get the 4-patches finished so I can turn them into blocks, and get the Orphans and Siblings quilted so I could load the Carolina Coverlet and be stitching that tomorrow too. And I was supposed to go to bed early, but it's now rather late. But I'm calling it a night; I sewed dozens of patches together before I realised the bobbin had run out, and then knocked my little scissors onto the floor. They landed so close to my foot. I'm taking this as a hint that I need to give up and make a fresh start tomorrow.

There is a garage sale that we want to go to first thing, but then it will be back to the workroom and some Power Sewing! We have found a few interesting things at the Op-Shop lately, including this milk glass vase, and the cute jug and enamel pan. I let my new things live on the dresser in the entry for a few days, so I can admire them every time I go past; then I find them a permanent home somewhere else. I'm just enjoying these colours grouped together.

6 comments:

Paula 1:39 AM  

That's a lot of four patches. Do you have an idea of what you're going to make with them? What is the block going to be? Can't wait to see it!

meggie 7:06 AM  

Wow! I like your logic about the fabric buying too!
I am hoping there might be some fabric at a garage sale this morning, too.

Granny 7:39 AM  

Glad those scissors didn't land on your foot! Looks like they were aiming to do some harm . . landing with that point down! Can't wait to see what you make this weekend.

Dianne 8:10 AM  

My scissors (exactly like yours) fell from the sewing table and speared me in the inner thigh - still have the little scar to prove it. You were very lucky there. Look forward to seeing all your four patches sewn together.

Tazzie 9:42 AM  

I have long feared that I'm never going to be able to use all this fabric up - It's good to know I'm not alone in this.
Wow - those scissors are weapons, how lucky they missed your foot!
*hugs*
Tazzie
:-)

julieQ 11:19 AM  

Love your little 4-patches! Can't wait 'til I see what you will make of them. BE CAREFUL of your footsies!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP