I seem to have no spare time lately, so there hasn't been much sewing happening. Yesterday I was working on loading things onto my site, but the connection was so slow I gave up and sewed these UFO blocks together. It was supposed to be a single bed size, but it kept asking to be bigger, so I made another 15 blocks. It's wonderful to see something come together so quickly, and with no effort on my part. Squares and rectangles are a delight after hundreds of itty-bitty triangles.
I'm mulling over ideas for a border; something quick, as this is supposed to be a donation quilt. I'm thinking a simple triple border would be best, but no fabrics are springing to mind. I haven't got time to rummage through the stash drawers; I'll probably grab the first red or brown print that I see and throw it together. This isn't how I like to sew, but I don't have a choice right now. I need more time in the day.
I'm already trying to decide what the next UFO project should be. I need to pull out an old project, something over the 5 year mark. That's a long time to store a pile of blocks and fabrics, and it would be great to see some of them completed at last. It's years since my last big clean out, so I'll have to get ruthless. This weekend should be a good time to give all the project boxes a good shake-up!