Tuesday, March 11, 2014

The last three days have been HOT, summer having the last word, but it's supposed to be much cooler from now on. I'm so ready for real autumn weather, so we can wear long sleeved shirts and wool socks, and go for long walks all rugged up.  It was a brutal summer, I think everyone is a bit shellshocked by it.  I lost at least 5 roses, half of my geraniums and a swag of other plants.  Once the cool weather arrives I can take stock of what's left, and decide whether to replace any of it.  I'm supposed to be downsizing by 30%; does that mean in the garden too?

I managed to finish the spiderweb top by staying up till a ridiculous hour one night;


there are 6 borders in all,and I cut 8 strips for each.  48 strips, sewn to each other, and then to the quilt and the borders mitred.  That was a lot of sewing, and I was glad to see the end of it.  I had intended to put a clever string pieced border on this, then realised that there was enough visual interest going on in the centre of the quilt. 
The multiple borders made a nice frame and contained all that central action.  I've finished 8 UFOs so far this year, and I think it's about time I let myself work on a new project.  I'll do that, just as soon as I finish my design work and the taxes, around about two weeks from now :(

2 comments:

Gypsy Quilter 9:13 AM  

I so love the colors and layout of this quilt top. And again, as always, your border choice is spot on. Thanks for sharing.

jude's page 2:44 PM  

Love, love the border that you have done, it really frames the inside of the quilt, as you said. I can't believe just how many finishes you have achieved this year already.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP