Saturday, March 28, 2015

My friend Kaye is a fellow Welsh Quilting enthusiast, and she sent me this link, for a video of Jen Jones talking about her collection of quilts and blankets.  I am definitely going to have to go to this place, if I ever get to visit the UK; I imagine I would hyperventilate with that many antique quilts around me.  How wonderful that she collected and preserved all those textiles when it was so unfashionable to love them.

I've been so busy with work that there has been no sewing at all for weeks, which is a sad state of affairs.  My Beloved Singer 538 has had another setback, she just stopped one day, and there's no power going to her motor.  So I have to see if I can get an expert to fix her, I'm not going to muck about with electrics.  Oh well, it's not as if I don't have other machines......

Yes, the collection is substantial, and I moved another shelf unit in, so that they could all be stored in one spot.  There is an empty shelf, in case I find a machine or two that I just have to have, but I'm not looking right now.
The Bernina 730s are in those green cases on the second shelf; I pulled out the nicest one, and now I"m sewing on her.  It's not the same, but she's a sweet thing. Still without a name, I think she'll end up being Bernie, how predictable.

Less than a week till my DS arrives, and I am going to have time off from work for the first time in two years!  I'm looking forward to spending time with both my kids, and being able to sleep in, and stay up late if I want.  Holidays are a good thing.

3 comments:

Karen 12:49 AM  

I like your enthusiasm for the vintage/antique sewing machines. I wish the picture showed them without the lids on but I know that is not practical. Better stored with the lid on.

Kate 7:07 AM  

Thank you for the pic...how wonderful! Seeing them all happily sitting there made me happy! I only have a couple but just love them!

Chookyblue...... 7:08 AM  

I knew you had quite a few but not that many...........you sure will be able to find something else to sew on...........

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP