Sunday, March 08, 2015

We have a long weekend here in South Australia, and it's such a luxury to have an extra day at home.  Mind you, I'll be working; printing and quilting, but it's so nice to be able to get things done without rushing.
Yesterday I did some computer work in the morning, and then we went into Pirie to visit with Mereth's family.  Nephew John was singing in the local theatre group's production of Grease, so we had dinner, then went to see the show.  It was great to see so many young kids putting on a big show, lots of enthusiasm and fantastic performances.  We'd watched John and Liz construct many of the sets over the last months, Mereth even painted some of them, and it was fun to see it all come together for three sold out performances.
It was nearly 1am when I got home, I'm not used to staying out so late.  It's different if I sew till that late......
My projects were getting to be a muddle, so I took the time to put them into EQ7 so that I had a clearer idea of what I needed to do with each one.

 I like having a fullpage print of the quilt, and the yardage requirements printed out so that I can scribble notes to myself underneath.  Then when the top is finished I file the printouts, and it's an easy reference to what I've made and where the EQ file is, and so on.
 After I took the first photo I looked at my cutting table and thought, 'That really is a mess!' So instead of sewing busily on more blocks, I spent a few hours putting all the flotsam and jetsam away.
I use this pretty bookstand to hold the EQ7 printouts for easy reference, and whatever rulers I'm working with, it helps keep the cutting mat clear.
It's so nice to see all of the cutting mat, and being able to find cutters and rulers and pens and paper is wonderful.  I'm inspired to get back to work now.




2 comments:

Tazzie 7:21 PM  

Hey there Keryn, loving how tidy your cutting space looks, mine is an ambarassment right now. Looking forward to see your projects come together.
Hugs
Tazzie
:-)

Karen in Breezy Point 2:12 AM  

I have an almost identical book stand on my cutting table to hold my current (or soon to be current) project too! And I also print my projects in EQ7 for just the reasons that you do. And I just cleared off my cutting table.....I think I am your other Quilting Twin!!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP