Friday, November 17, 2006

Life got in the way of blogging just lately, and it's still pretty hectic but I will try and post a little more regularly.

Someone asked for sizes for the blocks that I'm cutting. The small triangles are cut from 2" strips with and Easy Angle ruler, which I love. If you wanted to cut the triangles without that tool the strip would be 2 3/8", and you would cut 2 3/8" squares and slice them diagonally to give the triangles needed.


You need 4 dark triangles and 12 light ones. Make 4 light/dark pieced squares.
Join 2 triangles to each square to make these units.The squares are cut 3 1/2", and the pieced units joined to them.
The large triangles are a 7" square cut diagonally. This is a fraction oversized, but they generally fit exactly, and if they are a touch large the whole block can be trimmed down. I fold the triangle in half and match the halfway point with the point of the middle square.
All in all it's a quick block to piece, and as I will be setting them with alternate plain squares it shouldn't take too long to make this quilt. That is if I can get near my machine in all the upheaval of getting this house ready to go on the market. I wish for a television crew to come through the doorway and do it all for me.....

9 comments:

Anonymous,  9:04 PM  

What a great block. I recognize two of those fabrics from my own stash, too!

Patti 11:57 PM  

What a neat block - and what neat fabrics you are using! Like hedgehog said, I think I have some of those in my stash. Thanks for the tutorial. I have one of those rulers but have never used it.

quiltpixie 12:35 AM  

wonderful block. I seldom sew individual triangles together, so may have to explore the options that opens up.

Bonnie K. Hunter 4:32 AM  

Ooohhh!! COOL BLOCK!! And that is my favorite triangle ruler too..that and companion angle. Can't live without them!

Bonnie

Joyce 2:45 AM  

Thanks for the tutorial. I don't have that ruler but now I want one.

Lucy 2:44 AM  

What a beautiful block and you sewed it with beautiful fabrics !

Jenni 1:18 PM  

I have some of those fabrics too! No wonder you are busy if you are trying to sell the house - what a drag.

mereth 10:37 AM  

Glad to see you back in the land of blogging! Even though we talk on the phone I miss the blog and the photos..

Shelina 10:12 AM  

This is a pretty block. Thanks for the instructions!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP