Wednesday, February 09, 2022

Another massive cutting day, another pile of triangles to feed through the machine. I cut enough for 120 Hourglass units. I'm still enjoying my zombie sewing, concentrating solely on these little seams, one after the other.


It doesn't look like much, but this is halfway through; single seams sewn on roughly 120 pairs of triangles, to make 60 units.

Then the seams get finger pressed open, flattened with the iron, and the final seam sewn.


There's the current crop, waiting to be sewn into blocks of 9. There is so much work involved, I severely underestimated what was involved.  But I'm still loving it.  It will have to go on the back burner soon, so that I can play with a bit of colour, but I feel good knowing that I have over half of the Hourglass blocks made.



21 stacks of 10, plus a quarter of the top laid out on the design wall.



Aaaaand, I may have fallen down the cross stitch rabbit hole. I'm not so much jumping on the bandwagon, as picking up where I left off.  I've had this pattern for around 12 years, and rather than buying something new to stitch I'm going to finish this first.  It's easy, no colour changes to worry about, and if my eyesight isn't up to something this simple, then I certainly couldn't do one of those complicated samplers.


It's fun, but so addictive. I need magnifiers and a lamp to work beneath, but I'm not really having any problems so long as I only do an hour or so at a time.  One night I did more than that, and my vision was out of whack afterwards, I couldn't focus on anything.

It's simple, but satisfying....

2 comments:

kathiquilts 3:24 AM  

well --WOW on that hourglass work! what an investment in time and effort - but it looks grand!

Mary Johnson 5:01 PM  

I love hourglass quilts! I’m in the middle of cutting and sewing a ton of HSTs and hopefully I’ll love it as much as this one!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP