Saturday, December 10, 2022

Frame quilt

Way back in time, about April this year, I was asked if I would make a quilt with Di Ford-Hall fabrics as a tribute to that Australian designer. I love her fabrics and her beautifully designed quilts, so I gladly agreed.

A little while later I received a box of fabrics and began designing a quilt that reflected Di's love of British quilts and textiles. 

I had to keep within the size guidelines for the magazine, but left to myself I would have made it much bigger because I was enjoying those fabrics so much.


I quilted it with a simple overall cable design, sent it off to the magazine with the instructions, and recently I received my copy of Great Australian Quilts.

Our local newsagent didn't have it in, but it's worth asking for, it's an amazing issue.
My quilt was presented beautifully, I'm pretty excited about how good it looks.

It was quite intense, designing this to a deadline, and that might explain why I was so happy to sew squares and simple scrap quilts afterwards. I needed something easy to work on, that didn't require a lot of brainpower. And having had such a nice holiday from the pressure of designing, I then said yes to another commission. But the end is in sight, possible this weekend, and then I can clear away all the mess, and go back to my simple checkerboards again. Just in time for Christmas preparations to hit their stride. What's that song that goes "It's the most wonderful time of the year"? Well yes it is, but it's also the busiest; I'd best get cracking then.

4 comments:

Jan Mac 2:39 PM  

A beautiful tribute to Di.

Gretchen Weaver 8:54 PM  

WOW!Your quilt is beautiful and it does look like Di Ford! I hope you can some time for simple quilting soon, happy stitching!

Terry 9:29 AM  

So beautiful! I have a stack of Di Ford fabrics and have ordered the digital magazine. I hope mine turns out as pretty as yours! Love it!

Gypsy Quilter Designs 10:27 AM  

STUNNING, simply stunning. You've raised the bar . . . Again!

Congratulations on a job well done.

San / Gypsy Quilter Designs

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP