Thursday, March 09, 2023

It's not that I haven't been doing anything in the sewing room; it's just that I haven't felt like blogging. I'm very much being in-the-moment, and that sort of precludes taking photos for future blog posts. I'm unapologetic.  My blogging mojo will return, and I'm not going to hurry it. What have I been up to in the sewing room?

I'm going through my boxes and drawers filled with spare parts, extra blocks, trial blocks, failed projects. What sparked this was the completion of the red Jacob's Ladder blocks. I HATED them. I mean, I loathed them and couldn't even bear to look at them. So I sold them on Facebook, along with a few other UFOs that I was never going to finish. The response was amazing, they were snapped up, and I felt good that they were going to new homes. So then I looked at my other bits and pieces to see what else could go.

It's been interesting, going back through decades of leftovers and false starts, and maybe-oneday pieces. My over-riding emotion was, I don't want to make quilts like this in the future. I don't want to make them Now. So the decision for most of it was easy, I've been sorting it into piles, photographing them, and they will go on Facebook too. I don't think I'll miss any of it.

Look at all this blue flotsam and jetsam. I have made an awful lot of blue quilts, and that led to an awful lot of extras and orphans.


2.5"strips. I really dislike 2.5"strips.




A box of2.5"squares. See comment above.


Ugly 3"HSTs.


Random blue 2.5"squares sewn together, plus many HSTs..


Even more of them. Why am I like this?

I took those bits and more, and sewed them into this little top. 

I had to make a few more of the little HSTs, but other than that it was all just sitting in boxes. And now it's not. Yay me. But I'm not quite ready to tackle the other bits that I decided to keep. They can mature in the dark a little longer. I've whittled them down to one underbed box, admittedly crammed full, but it's much better than it was. Once I clear the decks of all the clutter I think I'll do some something fun; I've had enough of sewing stuff just because I should.


4 comments:

cbott 11:03 AM  

Cute little blue top. I love the Card Trick illusion created by some of the 4-patch & rectangles blocks.

Carolyn

Rose Marie 3:00 PM  

We have to make what our heart tells us to and if you're not feeling it .... good for you to sell them to others that will make something wonderful. Still, those blues look great!

Tazzie 11:31 AM  

Hey there Keryn
I understand you completely, I am also terribly remiss at taking photos. And then when it comes time to write something on the blog, I know I have had a busy week and have nothing to show for it.
But on another note - I LOVE all the fabrics you just showed, just gorgeous!
*hugs*
Tazzie
:-)

Lynley 3:12 PM  

I just chucked away a whole heap of things that I'm never going to use or finish! A moment of guilt but then much better :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP