Friday, September 11, 2026

Courtyard Blocks

 I have been working on the Courtyard blocks, which I still love. I drew up the block in EQ8 to see how I could arrange them, without the hassle of sewing them edge to edge.


This was the one I really liked.

70 " x 84"
But this was nice too.
67" square

I really like the idea of a 1" frame around all the blocks, so that sent me back to the cutting table to find the original fabrics and see if I could get enough 1.5" strips. Some of the fabrics were completely used up by this, and I felt a pang. I know the aim of the game is to get rid of every last scrap, but some fabrics are hard to let go of.  Oh well, it's done now.



I'm laying out the larger design, even though it will be awkward for me to finish. Those big triangles and borders will need a sizeable chunk of fabric, and I would love to use up 2 of my longer lengths. I'm great at scraps and nibbling away at FQs, but it would be wonderful to use actual yardage for a change. Even though the triangles only require three quarters of a yard, and a yard for the borders, it will still be a chunk of fabric.

EQ8 puts the total yardage at 7.45 yards, which is gratifying; that's quite a lot out of the scrap bags once and for all.


0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP