Thursday, October 08, 2026

Time For A Tidy Up

 I desperately need to tidy my cutting table and the area all around it. 



I've been cutting scraps, and pulling out fabric for more cutting, for weeks, without taking time to put things away afterwards. It breaks my concentration to have to fit yardage back onto shelves, and squeeze FQs back into drawers, so I just let it pile up around me, until I can't work anymore. I no longer try to break myself of that habit; after all this time, I'm not going to change. The time between cleanups changes, as sometimes I'm more conscientious if I'm not in such a fever of creativity, but I always end up back in the mess.



I pulled out a lot of fabric to try with the Courtyard blocks, auditioning for the setting triangles and the borders. 


So many choices.

I'm stuck as far as deciding. There are several choices I like; one fabric has 7 yards on the bolt and I'd dearly love to use up a chunk of that, but I'm doubtful. Maybe it's not The One? That perfect one, that speaks to me straight away. If there's one habit to break, it's that search for perfection. Over and over again, when I'm caught between 2 choices, it's because both would look nice, and one isn't better than the other. Sigh. I'm going to put the pieces on the design wall down the shop and see if the natural lighting helps me make a decision.



And I may have started another leader-ender, this time with my 2.5" squares and HSTs.


I made a blue and yellow/cream Split 9 Patch many years ago (and sold it), 


and it obligingly used up lots and lots of fabrics that I just didn't want in my stash anymore.  I want to attack this box of squares; 


a lot of them came in scrap bags from the op-shop. They're not horrible, but I won't cry about using them all up.



The HSTs are always available, I cut hundreds of them with the Accuquilt die years ago. It's time to use them up and cut new fabrics to fill the triangle box.


That's a lot of projects, all concentrating on my repro, or sort-of repro fabrics. I'm starting to miss my nice modern pretties. Now that spring is here, I might make something light-hearted and happy. But not until I've cleared up.

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP