Sunday, October 06, 2013


I seem to have lost a week of my life; I got really sick last Sunday, and I'm still not able to lift anything heavier than a coffee cup.  Which doesn't do much good anyway, because everything tastes like metal.  Apparently they put those warnings on potting mix bags for a reason; the stuff can make you ill.  I have antibiotics that are pulling the lung infection into line, but it's going to be a while before I feel normal again.

It's extremely annoying to be so incapacitated, because it's a long weekend and there is a ton of work to do in the garden, but I can't do more than shuffle around watering things and  making sure nothing dies.  There's no energy for digging or planting or weeding, and I won't be touching the potting mix until I have a mask to wear.

I spent time yesterday stitching on small blocks; I finally put the last stitches in the last Dear Jane block; now I need to clear the design wall and put it up there ready to assemble.

 It's taken me all year to get round to finishing this block; I wish I could say I felt a great sense of achievement, but I don't.  I don't even feel relief, just a vague sense that no-one in their right mind would ever want to make a quilt like this.  I know that feeling is temporary, and next week I'll be in love with the whole thing again.  Right now, meh....

I'm a bit tired if all the UFOs, so I dug out some tiny embroidery blocks from many years ago and worked on those.
I have no idea where this is going, but I do love buttonhole applique, and it's been fun to get more of these finished.
The pattern is one of my own, from 1996,and this is the third set of blocks I've made. The cover quilt was stolen in America, so I made another one and later sold it to a friend.  I also used the designs to embellish clothing and bags, as well as a block book to organise projects.
I can't believe I designed this 17 years ago. The designs are fairly well timeless.   I've made the pattern into a pdf, and it's up on Craftsy for sale; there's a button on the left sidebar.  $9 for 30 little patterns, is pretty good value, and cheaper than when I made it all those years ago.


3 comments:

Diane-crewe 6:36 PM  

hope you are soon feeling better x give your self time and I am sure you will be loving those blocks xx

Jan 5:06 AM  

Gosh, so sorry to hear that you are unwell. I had no idea about potting soil! Truly hope you are on the mend soon.
As always, I love your projects!

Gypsy Quilter 8:52 AM  

Wow, that must be some seriously dangerous potting soil to throw you for a loop like that. Sure hope you're 100% soon.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP