Monday, March 09, 2020

2 days isn't a lot of time, but I tried to spend it catching up on chores at home, as well as catching up with friends.  And I managed to fit in a little bit of sewing time late at night.


I'm up to 20 of these blocks now, and I'm going to have to add a lot of lighter fabrics so it doesn't get too dark and heavy looking.  The blocks are 10", and I was thinking of 30 blocks and then a simple border to make it about 60" x 70".  That means I have to lighten up the fabrics in all of those 10 next blocks; I'll have to go through the stash again and pull out all the light greys and greens I rejected in the first place. I really have to work hard on modern quilts, learning how to manage unfamiliar colours and prints.  I'm quite at home with my repro fabrics, but there's a learning curve with anything else.

It's a lot of fun tho, and I'm whittling down several areas of my stash that I've been hoarding for a while. The danger is that when I next go shopping I'll buy fabric to fill in the gaps and I'll replace everything I've used up. I think I need to put a freeze on the fabric buying till I can sort out whether I need a modern stash at all.
My 1800s repro fabrics are calling..... 

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP