Sunday, May 01, 2022

I haven't forgotten this quilt.



The centre is in one piece now, and I just need to tackle the borders. That will involve quite a few decisions though, so I've let myself be distracted by anything and everything. I will get back to it, once the novelty has worn off my new projects. And I haven't had a lot of spare time lately, what with customer quilts and family visits.

I've spent the last 8 days with the grandkids; 4 days in Adelaide with them all, then I brought Isla home for 4 days.

Finn and Thomas are becoming a Unit; Brothers United. It's so sweet when they play together and enjoy each other's company. The fights are getting fewer and shorter; hopefully they won't be twice as much trouble now that they are good mates.


Apparently protective headgear was needed for lunch this day.

Isla really loves one on one time; the boys demand so much attention and she misses out. While they were busy with Mum, Isla and I made a skirt from a discarded piece of fabric we found in the cupboard.


She sewed it all, I just put the elastic in the waist band. She's having so much fun being allowed to use the machine. Unfortunately there have been some scissor related crimes lately, so she's banned from touching scissors for 3 months.  That's going to hurt.

At my place she played in the shed with various sewing things, did lots of colouring in, played the piano, played with my dolls. She could spend the whole holidays with me and not be bored, but the rest of the family would miss out on her then, so it's just a few days each time.


We went back to the little craft shop, so I could buy more blue samples (I'm supposed to be using up what I already have!), 


and she had so much fun playing in the scary railway underpass.

She thought she was so brave being in a tunnel, she ran back and forth about 10 times. So much energy.



So then she relaxed in the autumn sunshine on an old railway cart. And yes, she's lost 2 teeth already. She's growing up so fast.


1 comments:

jirons42 6:40 PM  

I love that one-on-one time. I have a 3 (almost 4) year old that told the rest of his family to just go home because he needed some alone time with Nana.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP