Friday, April 29, 2022

April sewing progress

I worked really, really hard at getting the Boxy Bowties in one piece.

All the blocks were sewn, and then two sewing sessions were needed to get them sashed together. I was a bit tired after that, ready to have a rest before I started auditioning border choices. I meant to take a leisurely look at my UFOs to see what I would tackle next, but.....

 

I seem to have started another project, very spur of the moment. I read on Gretchen's blog that she was starting a Blue Ridge Beauty quilt, and that suddenly seemed like a really good idea to me. The pattern is in Bonnie's book, Adventures With Leaders and Enders.

I've been going through my charm squares lately, trying to find a use for every last one.  I had a lot of these cream large florals, and darker blues; they seemed made for this pattern.

The four-patches are going to be made of the light blues and ýellowy creams that I pass over whenever I'm choosing fabrics.




I even pulled out some of my treasured layer cake blues; got to use them sometime.

Mereth and I visited a little craft shop in a nearby town, and the only thing that tempted me was a pack of blue samples. These were cut up straight away for the new project, so I didn't even add them to the fabric tally for the year.


I'm pleased that I've found a use for these random charm squares at long last. And I think it's going to be a very fresh, pretty quilt when it's finished.

3 comments:

Rose Marie 10:10 PM  

You have a very nice collection of blues and neutrals to work with. Have fun!

Gretchen Weaver 2:05 AM  

I've been gone so I've just read your post. Your Blue Ridge Beauty is going to be lighter and brighter than mine. I may make a smaller quilt from this pattern someday and use lighter fabrics. Your quilt is going to be a beauty, happy stitching!

QuiltGranma 8:51 AM  

Love all the variety of shades you have!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP