Sunday, April 10, 2022

We continue to plug away at setting up the workspace, and it's slowly coming together. Our ironing table is in place and working well.

The blue-green Scrappy Bargello is from Bonnie Hunter's pattern; it was finished in September 2015, and it was high time to get it quilted.


It's still fun to watch Millhouse at work; even though he's computerised, he needs monitoring to make sure that he's stitching properly.

The next top is prepped and ready to load, and I'm ahead of my goal to have one top a month quilted; this makes 5.. Mereth is having a family-centric weekend, and I'm making the most of having the machine to myself. The customer quilts will take over next week, but I'll be in Adelaide with my own family get-together.

This may look like every other photo I've posted of this project, but there's one major difference. It's almost in one piece, just one last seam to join the two halves. It's a long seam, and I've had enough for now, so it can wait. That's probably why I'm quilting instead of sewing, just to avoid having to pin that 60" seam. Then it will be time to work out how to do the borders; I don't think my stash is going to be adequate, so I might have to visit a couple of quilt shops and see what's available.

The border on the original quilt is quirky, to say the least.


I'm not having much luck finding a lozenge material like this; 

this is the closest I've found, and I don't have enough. 


I'm right for those big red Broken Dishes blocks, but I have to decide if I'll make the pale ones like that, or if I'll choose a fabric that shows up better, And will I tip the blocks randomly? Knowing me, I'll have to make it symmetrical.

So it's probably going to sit like this for a while, while I cogitate over my choices. 



3 comments:

QuiltGranma 12:49 AM  

Yes, sometimes a wiilt needs to go into Time Out for it to decide what it wants next.

Alex Trebek 9:07 PM  

Thank you for giving this useful information. I'm a travel blogger, and this will be extremely beneficial to me. I agree with your viewpoint, and that is a very useful piece of information. If you want to know about manage etihad booking then you are at the perfect place, The Etihad Manage My Booking feature is a useful online system that allows you to manage all aspects of your booking from the comfort of your own home. This feature can be used to:

• Make alterations to your flight.
• (at least 2 hours prior to departure)
• Extra luggage is recommended.
• Make arrangements for extra help.
• Cancel your reservation.
• Consider upgrading your travel class.
• Make a bid for an upgrade.
• Make a reservation for your spot.

Chookyblue...... 3:33 AM  

Great to see your space getting set up and back into the quilting......

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP