Tuesday, March 19, 2024

Almost Ready To Sew

 5 days after surgery, and I'm almost ready to resume my sewing. There was a bit of drama on the day after surgery, when I reacted very badly to the iodine they used; a quick trip to the hospital for antihistamines and pain killers and flushing my eye with lots of saline and I felt human once more. Poor Mereth had to wait on me that day; I'll have to buy her some fabric as a thankyou. And when she has her cataracts done she knows to answer YES when they ask her if she's sensitive to iodine.



I've been reading dreadful novels from the library, and catching up on blog reading with my one good eye. Today my vision is starting to get back to normal, so I spent some time in the sewing room. I went through piles of magazines and ripped out pages to keep; the rest are going in the recycling. The op shops here are full of magazines, and no-one wants them anymore. Everything is online, but I have some favourites from the old issues, so I'll make a scrap book of them. 



I did some sewing too, about half an hour, but it was giving me a headache so I'll wait a little longer before I go back to that. I'm not supposed to be in a dusty environment till my eye heals, and there is so much fabric dust around my cutting table. I'm trying to be good and do as I'm told, but it's an effort!

3 comments:

Gretchen Weaver 9:58 PM  

Being patient is hard! I'm glad you can at least look at magazines. Happy recovery!

Gypsy Quilter Designs 5:02 PM  

Ideas from magazines are something I save also. A dear friend gives me her recent quilt magazines, as she doesn't save them. After I've enjoyed them, I pass them on to other quilters, etc. Art teachers may possible be able to use magazines for collages, etc. Our art teachers here have very little budget for supplies.

Thankfully, your surgery and the iodine reaction scare are over. Can you download audio books and heal while listening to books? Here's wishing you a very speedy recovery.

San / Murphy, N.C., USA

Rose Marie 11:08 PM  

I have an air filter in my studio and I'm amazed at how much dust it collects from my fabric cutting. Speedy recovery

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP