Monday, March 25, 2024

Getting there

I'm gradually getting back to my sewing, just short bursts of activity until my eyes start hurting and I literally can't see straight. At the machine I'm using a pair of 2.5 readers that I can look over, because my old glasses just don't work anymore. I had to remove one of the lights I was using by the machine because I don't need it to see what I'm doing now. It's mostly good, including not needing any glasses to cut fabric or work on the computer. It's pretty amazing.



I made another 4 Housetop blocks; 6 more needed, but I decided to take them off the design wall for now. I need that space to see what my other projects look like.

I had a stack of Log Cabins by my machine since before the surgery, and finally got them done. I now have 26, and I can see that I like the effect. I'm trying not to use very dark strips; the medium and medium-dark fabrics give more movement than uniformly darker fabrics.

I have 18 of the Half Log Cabins finished. I'm not sure I like this setting, but I'm just going to keep making them and I'll decide later how to put them together. The strip drawers are emptying out nicely now, and I may even have to cut some more pieces before too long. 


Once I have the 1.5" and 1.25" strips under control I want to go back to working on the UFOs. All I've done so far is add to the project tally, which is somewhat counter-productive. 




4 comments:

Gretchen Weaver 10:33 PM  

I'm glad you are able to see easier now! All your projects are looking good. I especially like the log cabin blocks you're making. Happy stitching!

cbott 5:17 AM  

Huh--I hadn't given it much thought before, but you're right about the medium/medium-darks providing more movement to a piece! Thank you for that insight.

Carolyn

Gypsy Quilter Designs 7:42 AM  

Very glad to hear you're back to sewing and using up stuff!

Chookyblue...... 4:40 AM  

Glad to hear the eyes are improving........
Love both those quilts.......

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP