This cold is horrible, I would love to be able to take to my bed until I'm over it, but that's not possible. I'm getting as much sleep and rest as I can, but some things just have to be done no matter how I feel. There is no-one who can take over our postie run, so we have to keep doing that, and there are quilting things that just have to be finished. I'm using a mask and hand-sanitiser when I'm sorting mail and quilting; I know it's unlikely to pass the germs on through objects, but it makes me feel a bit more responsible.
I have to go down to Adelaide this weekend to help my DD shift house, and I really don't want to give her this thing; I need to get better before then.
When my brain won't work and feels like it's just cotton wool and feathers, I sew a few seams of the latest thing on the design wall. I'm putting together the KIng's Crown variation blocks, and I chose a rust coloured Thimbleberries fabric to sash it with. I want it to be a nice cosy, autumny quilt, and this fabric ties together all the colours I used in the blocks. I'm just slapping it together, and I probably should take more care, but I just want it finished right now.
There are three different blocks in this;
I do love these blocks, but I lost my way with the colours and what I wanted for them, so I will just get it together and call it done for now. I can always make another set of blocks later on, and knowing me, that's exactly what I'll do.
I have all the blocks assembled into rows, and I was going to start sewing them together last night, but the cotton wool feeling in my head meant that I wasn't making the right decisions about the whole process. I don't think I could have kept it all in the right order, so I gave up and went to bed. After I've done some more work today I'll get back to this and try to get it in one piece. I need the encouragement of a Finished Object!