Wednesday, July 03, 2013

Third time lucky

Some quilts just go together without any trouble at all, and others.....  Well, let's just say I'm making things far more complicated than they need to be.

It's interesting that this quilt is taking so long to tell me what it wants, or maybe I'm just not listening.  It started off with the idea of a zigzag border.

But not this one.

Or this one.

Apparently this was what the quilt wanted all along, and I just went off on a couple of side-tracks. 
I don't really mind the false starts, especially as I think I can use the second border on another existing quilt top.  But the time it's taken to get to this point is annoying, I could have had this finished a week ago.  Oh well, a week isn't much in the grand scheme of things.

I'm enjoying the process of calculating the border repeats, and how big that inner border should be.It's slow quilting, and it's a lovely change from the make-it-quick mentality I usually have.

6 comments:

Jan 10:50 AM  

Oh, that border will be gorgeous!!

Michele 11:41 AM  

I love it. It's spectacular. I'm glad you were willing to listen and wait. Wow, you're an inspiration. I see a pieced border in my future. Thank you for sharing the decision process. It helps us all.

Diane-crewe 4:35 PM  

some times we just need to be patient and wait for inspiration to come .. and, as in this case... it is well worth the wait x

Samplings from Spring Creek 7:14 PM  

Beautiful so worth the extra time

Diane 10:30 PM  

The top was correct! I love the border choice. It completely changed how the quilt will look.

Chookyblue...... 8:49 PM  

I really like the quilt.....I do like the last border the best.......

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP