Saturday, July 06, 2019

I spent a week in Adelaide, babysitting, cooking, playing with the grandkids. I came back on Wednesday, and I've been trying to make some sewing progress ever since.  Two things have helped; limiting my computer time, and not bothering with an evening meal.  It's wonderfully freeing not to have to cook something, eat it, then clean up afterwards.  At Shonny's place I'm still doing dishes at 8.30, but at home I just grab something at 4 pm, then sew through till 10 or 11. I'm getting so much done, so it's definitely worth it, and I don't get hungry at all.

I put some blue and red sampler blocks on the design wall, made a lightning fast decision about a setting, and got to work.
 I needed a mountain of 1.5" strips, luckily I could cut them with the strip die on the Go Cutter.
It took a few sessions to sew them all into the strip sets needed, and then quite a few hours to set the blocks together.  I have the border fabric cut and ready to piece, so one evening of sewing should see that finished.

I really want to tackle my stack of half-finished projects and see some progress.  Giving up a few meals and some computer time is a small price to pay.

3 comments:

jude's page 2:56 PM  

I am amazed at how much sewing you actually achieve even though you spend a lot of time on Grandma duty. Well done.

Sandy 12:42 AM  

I admire your focus when it comes to sewing. I tend to get antsy and need to get up and do something else (seems like) every five minutes - - like cook, eat, or do the dishes, ha ha! Your quilts are always so lovely, and special for the details you put into them. I'm grateful you continue to post, and share.

Gretchen Weaver 1:32 AM  

Your quilt is looking so lovely. The 9 patches as cornerstones are perfect! I agree with not eating an evening meal, just wish I could get my husband to agree.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP