Thursday, December 23, 2021

 Christmas is upon us once more, and it totally snuck up on me. Of course I've been aware of it's approach, but I'm still stunned that it's now 2 days away. I refuse to get my knickers in a twist about gift-giving and buying too much food, and rushing from place to place. 

I went down to Adelaide 10 days ago, and babysat while Shonny ran various Christmas related errands without the boys. Then it was Isla's last day of school, and that was momentous. A whole year of school, done and dusted. Looking back at the photos I'm taken aback at how young she was. She was only 4 for the whole of the first term, such a tiny thing.



I brought Isla back with me for a visit to the Pirie relatives, and that was a great success. Even if I forgot to get a picture of them all together. 


It had it's moments, with 4 little girls arguing over various things, but we managed to sort everything out. There was a brief tussle over who would have the pink plate at each meal, but Isla decided that she could be the bigger person and let one of the twins have it. I always say, 'Pick your battles', and she opted to let that one go. Very mature, lol.



We did some sewing and made Christmas ornaments from felt and card and perle cotton, and it was a wonderful visit. Seonaid appreciated just having two boys, and I loved having just Isla. 



Once Isla had been dropped back home I could go back to what I was sewing 2 weeks ago.

Lots more QSTs, just experimenting with fabrics to see what will work best in these little units. 

I'm working on the red and white ones, I'd like to have all those kitted up, and then I can play around and amass the others over time. I'm making them a tiny bit bigger and trimming them down to size. My eyesight is getting worse, and it's just easier for me to be trimming things down right now.



I'm stalled at 20 tops for this year, and I just need one more to make my goal of 21 in 2021. The 2&4 project is the one I'm most likely to complete, so I'm working on that fairly frequently. I need to cut more red and white 2.5" squares, so I'll tackle that first thing this morning. Then it's just a matter of getting all those blocks in one piece and deciding if it needs a border. I'll probably be staying in Adelaide for the week between Christmas and New Year, so I want to have this done before I leave. That's about the only pressure I'm willing to deal with right now.




0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP